PARK ROAD BOARDWALK, NOOSA
Construction Value: $7 million
What: Highly scenic boardwalk trail through the trees with ocean views, taking walkers from the beach of Little Cove to Noosa National Park.
Where: Park Road, Noosa Heads
When: Completed November 2018
Our Role: Civil and structural engineering design, Construction support advice and Quality inspections
- Winner (Projects $5 million to $10 million) – IPWEAQ 2019 Excellence Awards
- Winner – Project of the Year – IPWEAQ 2019 Excellence Awards
- Australian Institute of Horticulture Annual Awards – Regional Green Space Award 2018
- 2019 QMBA Awards Sunshine Coast Tourism & Leisure Facility up to $10M
- 2019 QMBA Awards Sunshine Coast Excellence in Energy Efficiency & Environmental Management
We worked closely with Hutchinson Builders during construction, to rapidly adapt the design concept to fit along the tightly constrained tree-clad slopes. None of the trees were removed, and it is a testament to the design and construction teams that the highly-prized ecology of the area was maintained, and even enhanced by the new structure.
- 420 metres of boardwalk. Timber decking is Accoya acetylated wood: a uniquely patented treated softwood,
- Supported on micropiles; these have a very small construction footprint, which protected the trees and roots from damage
We provided Structural and Civil engineering expertise to assist the builders and ensure a safe, pleasing, durable and efficient structure was achieved, within the architectural and environmental constraints of the design and site respectively.
This project is one of our proudest achievements, of all the boardwalk, streetscape and placemaking projects we’ve been involved with. It follows on from our earlier design work for the Noosa Main Beach Boardwalk adjacent to Noosa’s Hasting St district.